What is Family Planning?
Proper family planning is a big part of creating the future of your dreams. Having a baby is a big step and taking it prematurely can cause a lot of financial and emotional issues down the line. Gynecologist Loraine Diego, MD knows that responsibility and good preparation are really important when making your family bigger. That is why we are happy to provide family planning and infertility support services at our Los Angeles, CA center. Here, we can help you determine the optimal time to have a child and provide you with contraception if you’re not ready to take that step quite yet. We welcome you to visit our center and discover all that Dr. Diego can do for you and your family.
Family Planning and Infertility
Taking a proactive approach to family planning is important not just for those trying to conceive, but for those trying to prevent pregnancy as well. At our Los Angeles based center, we provide a comprehensive range of support services to women trying to both get pregnant and prevent pregnancy. Our approach is first and foremost a holistic one. Dr. Diego believes that assisting the body naturally is the best way to ensure the patient’s health and happiness. Additionally, we provide assistance to women struggling with menopause. Though we can’t reverse the natural menopause process, we can provide supplements and bioidentical hormone therapy to make the changes your body is going through more comfortable.
Support Services Offered By Loraine Diego, MD
The family planning services offered by Lorain Diego, MD can be provided after a thorough consultation. We’re here to help and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the following:
- General Gynecological Care – Regular checkups with Dr. Diego keep your reproductive systems healthy. This protects your overall health today and helps you keep your fertility options open for the future.
- Birth Control – Birth control is the key to timing your pregnancy when you’re ready. Dr. Diego offers a range of birth control choices, including emergency contraception, so you can find the best one for your body and your lifestyle.
- Fertility Counseling – Whether you’re just starting to try to get pregnant and want to ensure your body is ready or you’ve been trying for a while and are having trouble, Dr. Diego can help. With a holistic, natural approach, she can give you your best chance at becoming pregnant.
- STD Testing – Knowing your STD status is important if you want to have a baby. Certain STDs can impact your ability to become pregnant or your pregnancy itself. Dr. Diego offers STD testing so you can stay informed and make the right choices for your body and your baby.
Family Planning and Birth Control
Dr. Diego takes the time to understand your specific bodily needs and lifestyle. She then helps you find the right birth control method that works best for you. Maybe you’d like to take a more hands-off approach than the pill. A birth control implant is an easy, quickly reversible way to ensure you don’t get pregnant for three years. If you’d like an alternative to hormonal birth control, a copper IUD can prevent pregnancy without introducing any hormones into your body. Our dedicated staff is happy to provide you with the following birth control options:
- Birth Control Implants
- Birth Control Shots (e.g., Depo-Provera)
- Intrauterine Devices (IUDs)
- Birth Control Patches
Family Planning Support in Los Angeles, CA
Family planning can be difficult alone. Loraine Diego, MD is here to help give women of all ages the security and peace of mind they need. If you would like support with birth control, fertility counseling, STD testing, and more, request an appointment today. Please call (213) 388-2229 or fill out the form below to get started. We also offer telemedicine services via Zoom!